Thursday 17 October 2013

This afternoon, a kid asked me if I am looking forwards to Christmas.  We haven't even had Bonfire Night, yet.  The supermarkets are subtly hinting there may be another say cropping up in then next month - something to do with orange and green and cobwebs.  (Is there a spider day?  I do not want a spider day.)

We've already talked about Christmas in my house.  Some basic planning is a good idea, what with the loaded question of where people spend the day.  I honestly don't think it needs to be discussed in casual (and rather random - there was no lead up to this being mentioned) conversations.  Not now!

I want to enjoy damp-leaf season before I have to think about supposed-to-be-frosty season.  It bothers me that the supermarket we go to does already have Christmas cards and decorations on sale.  I think this is one reason none of it seems so exciting or special anymore.  It's diluted,  Spreading Christmas out over several months is just daft.

Yes, part of the reason it is less thrilling is that I am older, but I think it would be better to keep Christmas related things to December, at least.

1 comment:

  1. Certainly early November is time enough for Xmas stock to be appearing in Shops. This year it was the end of July, in the middle of the heat wave! Last year they had Easter eggs on display on 2nd January. Mental consumerism is ruining the holidays.

    ReplyDelete