Tuesday 22 October 2013

RANDOM THOUGHTS BLOG!

(Because by day 22 of the month of blogging, I am running out of coherent thoughts, especially when I do not feel well.  Seriously, all I have managed to do today is take naps on various surfaces.  And cough.  Lots of coughing.  I am starting to think that the cough syrup actually creates coughs.  It is certainly doing very little to help get rid of them.)

Random Thought Number One: I wonder what the people I really admire would like to be, given the choice.  Are the darkly mysterious people secretly sad that they aren't wacky and bubbly?  Do the cheeky people with the quick-witted yet surreal comebacks really want to be smooth and serious?  Some of them may be totally delighted with who they are as people, but I wonder how many.  It must be annoying if you see yourself as dangerous and alluring and everyone else sees you as a mad Tigger type creature.  I want there to be a survey.

Random Thought Number Two: In a continuation of Random Though Number One, how many people with a really strong 'look' would really love a different look?  I would love to be able to wear long, flowing cardigans with those sleeves which drape over your hands, and multiple scarves, and long arty skirts, but I would end up looking like a crazy pixie person who had escaped from a secret underground bunker and gone on a spree through a market place at night on my way to freedom.  You know, instead of being casually and artfully stylish and fey.  I am also pretty sure I could not pull off a full-on ball-gown, which is just all kinds of upsetting.

Random Thought Number Three:  Shiny.

Random Thought Number Four: Given the number of women I have spoken to in the last year who all exclaim that they 'don't do heels and dresses', where are all these women who do do heels and dresses?  Am I just missing them?  Do they not, in fact, exist?  Are they made up by the media?  Are they really aliens?

Random Thought Number Five: Why did the people who had this house as a new build think that black wallpaper was a good move in the living-room?  It is looking more and more depressing to me the closer we get to Halloween.  Whoever they were, they should be banned from making further wallpapering decisions.  Or any furnishing and decorating decisions.  I think the stuff they had in here when we looked around had been bought as a job lot from Ikea, including all of the artwork.  I do not understand 'artwork' which is just to match a colour scheme.  That is not artwork.

That is all for tonight.  I make no promises that tomorrow will be any better.

1 comment:

  1. That's an especially good point with random thought number 4. It must be our sort of circle. The people I work with do heels and dresses - not at work of course. But they seem to have depth of knowledge of these things which I can only account for by assuming it is done sort of genetic memory. Not a gene I share. I am a pretender.

    ReplyDelete