Thursday 7 August 2014

Launch Party

Our RASSSA anthology, A Seeming Glass, has been out for at least some hours, now. Obviously, this means it is time to have a launch party. As we all live in different places, this means that handing round a tray of drinks takes a while. Getting the sparkling wine over to Australia is going to take a while, for one thing.

My good friend Miss Ironside and I have managed to exist in the same area of space-time for a couple of hours now and neither one of us has blinked out of existence, so that is one person it is easier to get drinks to. Getting me to her house was a bit trickier (I didn't even know I could end up on the M6 Toll road on the way here. I still don't know why there is a toll there. Unless the money I threw at the odd basket thing attached to the totally un-personed hut goes towards paying for all of the queues.), but I got here in only nearly half again the time it should have taken.

One day, we may have a launch party in an art gallery or some such. Maybe in a lovely little boutique place in Ireland. For now, a settee under the watchful eye of a cat who is not at all sure she should trust me is standing in for a gathering of well-dressed people holding elegant wine-glasses. (This is what TV tells me happens at a launch. Also, murder or fraud or theft. I am willing to admit that getting all of my information on the writing world from Murder She Wrote and the like is perhaps not leading to a full picture.)

We do have sparkling wine, though. And it's even in a wine-glass, so there's posh.

No comments:

Post a Comment